When you are selecting building products, you may never find a perfect, green solution. Here are some questions you can ask to make sure you select the best green products:
- Can I reuse what I already have?
- Can I donate or recycle what I no longer want?
- What product can I choose that will last a long time?
- Can I select a product that is made from recycled materials?
- Can I choose a product that can be recycled at the end of its lifetime?
- Does this product come from a sustainable source?
- How much energy did it take to make and ship this product?
- How much energy will it take to maintain this product?
- What impact does this product have on indoor air quality?
- How much does it cost?
Having green products will keep your environment clean, your wallet happy, and your family healthy. Read more about the effects of harmful household products here.
Pingback: Who can you trust in the construction industry? | DESIGN MATTERS
Pingback: Thinking of building a custom home, start here first! – design matters