Saturday, March 24, 2012, 1-5 pm
Preserving Downtown’s Past. Creating a Sustainable Future.
tour downtown: Behind-the-scenes tour of over 15 sites featuring downtown’s energy efficient buildings, ongoing historic preservation, local food, and open green spaces. Demonstrations and presentations at select locations.
Self-guided tours of over 15 sites featuring:
- HEC’s electric car charging station with demonstrations
- Historic Preservation of the Harrison House
- Rain garden and stream walk at Liberty Park and Black’s Run Stream
Dedication of Black’s Run Stream Walk at Liberty Park – 2 pm
- Energy-Efficient solar panels and radiant heat at the Kite Building– Matchbox Realty
- Urban Exchange’s green roof and its selection of eco-friendly materials
- Relocation and Adaptive Reuse at the Smith House– Arts Council of the Valley
Guided Tours at 1:30 and 3:30:
displays: Learn about green products and services from locally-owned businesses. Turner Pavilion (Harrisonburg Farmers Market)
children’s activities: Turner Pavilion and at select venues downtown. Build, create, and explore!
Construct projects, make art from recycled materials, tour Harrisonburg Fire Dept. Engine 23.
For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Trisha Blosser at 540.432.8921 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost: Free, Donations Encouraged
Parking: Parking is available in the municipal lot near the Turner Pavilion, public parking garages on Water and Wolfe Streets, as well as in public lots and on the street. Click here for a map.
For more information on this event, please contact Trisha Blosser at 540.432.8921 or email@example.com.