Gaines Group Architects is growing again and are searching for the right person to add to our Harrisonburg team. I think that will be a 1/4 time office admin and 3/4 time architectural intern or interior designer, but it could start part-time. If you have an interest in being part of our team, are eager to help grow a small business, and work well in a collaborative setting, send me your resume. ~ Charles
We are searching for a community-focused entry-level design professional/office administrator to add to our team. The Architectural intern office administrator position will serve to support the development of all types and styles of projects. You will get experience in all phases of design as well as client and office management. We collaborate on everything and work as a team on all projects.
We are looking for someone with a servant’s heart that loves all types and styles of architecture. We will help you along the way to learn and grow as a designer. A strong applicant will have a desire to understand building science and constructability of all project types.
Tasks you may do on a typical day:
- Construction Documents
- Client meetings
- Job site visits
- Field Verification
- General office tasks
- Community volunteer work
- Filing and organization
- Meeting scheduling and coordination including monthly art openings
- Managing phones, office supplies, making copies, and even making coffee to welcome our clients
- Greet visitors and callers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Arrange conference rooms and meals for office meetings and events.
- Communicate information to office staff company wide.
- Provide support for meetings including providing drinks, appropriate printed files and prints, and product samples.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe, and Sketch-up
- Reliable, self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and versatile with an enthusiastic collaborative spirit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Acrobat.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with exacting attention to detail.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Architectural or Interior Design degree from accredited University
- Knowledge of construction documents and the design and construction processes.
- Experience in photography
- Experience managing databases
With 36 years of experience in Virginia, this award-winning architecture firm works hard to deliver excellent service at an affordable price. With offices in Charlottesville and Harrisonburg, Gaines Group Architects can serve design needs anywhere in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, or North Carolina. Constantly looking for the best answer, we work tirelessly to stay on top of the latest trends and best practices in the construction industry. We believe strongly in being in service to our community and the right person for this position will share that passion.
Job Type: Full-time
Additional Salary Information: Health Insurance and benefits package offered to all full-time employees
All clients and employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, maintain a 6′ distance, and sanitize hands on a regular basis. We have also installed Plexi dividers between desks and an air filtration system.