Job Description – Office Manager / Marketing Assistant
Gaines Group Architects is growing again. We have found that we need help in our office with organization, client relations, marketing, photography, and general day-to-day leadership. If you are a self-motivated, organized, enthusiastic team player that is interested in making a positive difference in your community – you might be the perfect fit for our team. Gaines Group Architects works on a diverse range of projects for a diverse range of clients. We believe strongly in being in service to our community. As such, we are experiencing solid growth in our Harrisonburg office doing great projects for great clients. Our current need is for someone to help us keep everything on track and organized. If you might be that person, please contact us today. This position is flexible in hours and duties – the right person will fill just the right need.
- Greet visitors and callers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Manage mail and deliveries to and from the office.
- Arrange conference rooms and meals for office meetings and events.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Manage phone system.
- Manage and order office supplies.
- Organize meetings and events such as the monthly Art Openings.
- Communicate information to office staff company-wide.
- Provide support for meetings including providing drinks, appropriate printed files and prints, and product samples.
- Provide administrative support to Principals and architectural staff.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to ensure a high-performance, customer service-oriented work environment.
- Assist with preparation and dissemination of marketing materials.
- Organize and maintain professional library including codebooks and product library.
- Maintain professional licensing records, and assist with obtaining reciprocal licensing.
- Monitor continuing education requirements and schedule seminars and classes.
- Organize and maintain filing systems and company archives.
- Manage office calendars.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Occasionally assist Principals with personal tasks.
- 5+ years of administrative experience.
- Reliable, self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and versatile with an enthusiastic collaborative spirit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Acrobat.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with exacting attention to detail.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Experience managing databases
- 2+ years of administrative experience in an architectural office.
- Knowledge of construction documents and the design and construction processes.
- Familiarity with Autocad.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite programs including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Web design and website management experience.
- Experience in photography
With 34 years of experience in Virginia, this award-winning architecture firm works hard to deliver excellent service at an affordable price. With offices in Charlottesville and Harrisonburg, Gaines Group Architects can serve design needs anywhere in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, or North Carolina. Constantly looking for the best answer, we work tirelessly to stay on top of the latest trends and best practices in the construction industry.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
All clients and employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, maintain a 6′ distance, and sanitize hands on a regular basis. We have also installed Plexi dividers between desks and an air filtration system.